Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Visit From Linda Hahn

 Linda Hahn was our guest speaker this month at Calico Cutters Quilt Guild. 
 Her specialty is the NY Beauty quilt and has written 2 books about them.

This is her second book and there are lots of great quilts in it.  I bought it.
I have always wanted to make a NY Beauty quilt, so I signed up for it. 
 This was our project that Linda is holding.

We meet in a fire hall for our workshop. It's a nice big room.  
Linda has developed an easy method to make the block.
I am making my project combining dupioni silk and batiks.  These are my blocks.

This is all of our blocks together.

During the lecture today, she brought tons of  quilts to show the versatility of the NY Beauty.  
Linda has an amazing sense of humor  that she shares on the backs of her quilts.
 Pirates
Bathing Beauties

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks in the silks look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even understand how I ended up right here,
    however I thought this submit was great. I do not recognise who you
    might be however definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you are not
    already. Cheers!

    Visit my web blog - seo los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dès que tous les éléments auront été remplis dans le formulaire prévu
    à cet effet, va rechercher le pret personnel le plus avantageux pour le shopper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.