Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Quilt Show In Paradise

Such a perfect name for a quilt guild in The Keys - Paradise Quilters. 
They have a biennial quilt show in Big Pine Key at the end of February.  I was invited by the local quilt shop, The Seam Shoppe, to demo Curvalicious.  Yay!  
The show is Saturday and Sunday, February 21st and 22nd at the Sugarloaf HS. 
 I'll be there on Saturday.  My first demo is at 11:00AM. Come and see me if you are in the area.

I wanted to make another sample for the show in addition to Beachalicious and the Curvalicious Skinny quilt and I wanted it to be simple.  I made it in an afternoon.  I started with this adorable flamingo fabric that is available at The Seam Shoppe.
I combined it with 2 other fabrics to make the quickest baby size quilt ever, 
resulting in Flamingo Curvalicious.
And of course Bailey had to get in on the act.

As I am wrapping up my projects here in Key West, I decided that I needed to do something with my dupioni silk scraps - don't you think?
What a mess!
This always seems to happen to me, because I tend to shove stuff into bags.  I patiently separated the silk scraps apart which included getting rid of lots of stray threads.  I sorted and stacked by color.

It reduced the volume of the pile considerably,
and then to keep it neat, for a while at least, I put each color in a zip lock baggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you.